The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not belocated in the dynamic link libr

Discussion in 'Software' started by shonuff5, Mar 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shonuff5

shonuff5 Private E-2

The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not belocated in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll

Getting this message whenever i try to use IE or anything microsoft related.

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Re: The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not belocated in the dynamic link

I searched the Microsoft knowledge base for SHRegGet... and got 0 hits. I tried SHLWAPI.dll and 113 hits; alot related to wininet.dll or explorer.exe. I know this doesn't help much, but I tried :(
    Try Dial-A-Fix. It's a great little stand-alone app that 'fixes' .dll problems. Download it from here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4899.html
    Check all the boxes in the 'Registration Center' and click 'Go'. It can take up to 3-4 minutes to complete but it just might work. It's worth a try and it's impossible to do any damage w/ Dial-A-Fix, so check ALL the boxes if you feel like it!

hopperdave2000

3. shonuff5

shonuff5 Private E-2

Re: The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW could not belocated in the dynamic link

Thnx for the link, unfortunately, it didn't fix the problem. Any other suggestions?

4. prometheos

prometheos Staff Sergeant

If it's a Windows DLL that's failed, the first thing I use is the SFC.EXE. Using an administrator account open the Start=>Run: CMD. At the prompt type sfc /scannow <enter> You'll need your Operating System install disk for this, but SFC will compare your current DLLs to those on the CD and if they're corrupted they'll get replaced. :)

5. MaorK

MaorK Private E-2

Hi there, I'm suufering from the same problem as this post's author, and I did what prometheos suggested, but still - no change. Anyone's got an Idea?

6. missdianna

missdianna Private E-2

I cannot get Internet explorer 8 to download because the entry point SHRegGetValueW could not be located. What do I do now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds