Only order pages not showing up $$$

Discussion in 'Software' started by seeglass, Mar 10, 2008.

1. seeglass

seeglass Private E-2

This just started on my computer and seems a little wierd. I get every internet page I want, except when I go to purchase something, it will not take me to the purchase page, it only comes back with the generic Internet Explorer Can Not Load this Page message. The other computer I have at my house is not having this same problem. I matched the settings in Tool/Options/Advanced on the problem computer with the one not having the problem to make sure those are the same. This all just started recently. The only thing I can remember doing to my computer before this started was to follow the steps at this page in order to try and speek up my IE opening quicker:

http://reliancepc.com/menu/tips/IE7tuning/index.php

But I have since gone back and reverse anything it told me to do on that web page, and I'm still having the same problem.

I've tried seeing if my Zone Alarm firewall is blocking it and can't find anything there. I tried using Firefox/Mozilla and it's doing the same thing there. I looked in my Absolute Startup process tracker, and I don't think anything has changed there, and I ran Spybot, and I still have the same problem.

I know there must be a simple reason causing this but I can not find it. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Check under tools>Internet options>advanced

Do you have checks for SSL and TLS? You're having problems connecting to secure sites. If these settings are o.k., I can look for other places settings may have been changed.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  3. seeglass

seeglass Private E-2

I have SSL 2.0, SSL 3.0, and TSL 1.0 all checked.

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Sorry, I didn't read your original post carefully enough. Look at this page: http://www.duxcw.com/faq/win/xp/secure.htm

Because it is happening in both IE and FF, I would double check the Firewall. Also because of the recent time change, verify that your system clock was automatically updated.

5. biddy187

biddy187 Private E-2

Hi stupid question but whats your secure cookie settings on because i know it will reject secure connections if its too high!

6. seeglass

seeglass Private E-2

Thanks Sach2, excellent web site. I will go over that completely, and let you know how it worked.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds