loading problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by dister520, Dec 24, 2003.

1. dister520

dister520 Private E-2

I recently have noticed that my virus scan, which came with my laptop had expired(trend Micro). Being that it had expired it would load a message to suscribe at start-up. I believed this was reason why it could be slow at start-up. By slow i mean that if i click start and go directly to "connect to" it(at start-up) it would lag till something was loaded, which i have no clue of.

After unistalling trend micro the problem was still there so i decided to install norton.

The problem is still there, and it has nothing to do with the virus scan.

I ran spybot, but it turns out there are no bugs, and no viruses found either.

I am running XP home edition

I just dont know why it lags at the "connect to" link at start-up. Hopefully someone out there will know.
    I ran a hijack this log and posted it. It turned out to be clean no problems there.

any possible solution will be greatly appreciated.
    Pls Help
    Thanks,
    D ;)

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

can you describe what this "connect to" item is. it's not a normal thing to happen, unless maybe you're on dial up.. if possible post a screen shot.

3. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

I think I know what he means... It's that little dialup box that asks you to connect to the internet. You can turn it off by going to control panel, clicking on internet options, clicking the connections tab, and clicking the never dial a connection button. Then you click OK.

If that doesn't work, I don't understand what you meant either.

4. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

haven't used dial up since 99.. so used to broadband for everything.. lol

5. mr_flea

mr_flea First Sergeant

SPAMMER!!!

(jk)

6. dister520

dister520 Private E-2

Solution

Well i was browsing my network to see what sorts of connections were there. I ended up noticing a bridge, which i believed had no reason to be there so i disabled it. Problem fixed.

Dont know what a bridge does in XP, but that was what was loading at start-up.

Thanks for the help

D :p

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds