Impliment SUS server on Windows 2000 server

Discussion in 'Software' started by mrudella, Dec 26, 2003.

1. mrudella

mrudella Private First Class

Hi all,
    I'm trying to impliment a SUS server on my file and printer server running Windows 2000 server. I watched a wonderful video step-by-step on how to impliment the SUS on Windows .NET server. Now here's my problem. While in active directory, I am to right click the domain, in my case domain.local, then go to properties. Then, on the next window, go to Group policy. With the Defult Domain Policy highlighted, click Edit. Next, under Computer Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, and then further expand Windows Components. Now finally where I can't figure this out. There is supposed to be a part under Windows Components called Windows Update. I have no such listing for that in 2000 server. After going to a server with .net server on it, there is such a listing. Where can I find the Windows Update listing in the Active directory so that SUS will work???

2. Fw190

Fw190 Lt. Anti-Social

3. mrudella

Thanks, that worked great. On the server, the Windows Update boxes are all greyed out. (Went to there through the control panel.) But, the Windows Update settings in the control panel on the client computers are still changeable. Is this correct? Shouldn't the Group policy override the client computers also?

4. mrudella

bump for my post

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds