Omg!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by julia is desperate, Mar 30, 2013.

1. julia is desperate

julia is desperate Private E-2

I just wrote all of the data that was necessary for assistance. I was redirected to another website and lost all of the information I provide.

I need help. I have spent several thousands of $$ trying to solve my problem (happy to provide details privately)

Trust me when I say I've done everything except hire a hit man.

I know this person - law enforcement won't help and my attorney can't do anything unless I can find a sliver evidence...

The sociopath who is tormenting me (has not touched any financial stuff) is a wireless and radio expert from MIT and truly a sociopath

2. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Welcome to Major Geeks.

Unfortunately as this is an open and public forum private consultations are not feasible but if you give us an idea what it is you want to do we may be able to help, bearing in mind that we do not give any advice that is not legal.

You do not need to give any details of your problem just what sort of assistance you need.

3. julia is desperate

Bill, thank you. In my haste I forgot to state the problem - I need a solution to protect my network and prevent this person from having the ability to steal information, change my settings and permissions. I recently just tried PRTG, probably the best I have tried so far. my husband and I are at the point of purchasing a corporate firewall - which we still don't know would solve the problem. This has been going on for 18 months. I am not looking for anything illegal - only a solution to keep my network private and secure.

4. BILLMCC66

BILLMCC66 Bionic Belgian

Networking is not my forte but we do have some very knowledgeable members here who specialize in "network security" so if you are just a little patient you will get the help you need.

5. julia is desperate

6. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi and welcome to Major Geeks.:)

As Bill stated, all our help is done on our public forums.

What I would suggest you do is start by posting a New thread in our Software Forum:http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21

What you should do when you do that is, start with the title and make it is as descriptive and to the point as you can about what exactly you need help with...that way people will actually know what your thread is about so if they think they can help, they'll open it.

Within your thread, you will need to be extremely specific about your system (ie. Operating system you are using, security measures you are currently using, and things you have already tried to resolve this) and what you need help doing. You mentioned your Network, so you may just be looking to secure your wireless router. If that is what you are trying to do and you think you have all the software security on your computer you need, then you can just post in our Networking forum: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

One other option for you to consider....are you absolutely positive your computer is not infected with malware? If you are, do the above. If you think there may be a chance, the absolute first thing I would suggest is following the instructions in this thread: READ & RUN ME FIRST Malware Removal Guide (incl. spyware, virus, trojan, hijacker) and being sure you are starting with a clean system before trying all the other stuff.

7. julia is desperate

I am new to this. I appreciate the guidance.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds