Stubborn Virus

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Russ Murphy, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Russ Murphy

Russ Murphy Private E-2

Hello,

I have just finished the in depth removal process of spyware and viruses as posted by Major Geeks. I have a vast accumulation of txt reports from each of the various programs. It was fun to watch as each program seemed to find threats and rid my computer of them. There were literally thousands. wow.
    So still, the reason I even started any of this, so "Virus Protector program, that comes with the Windows security shield, that suckered me into this state of hijack, persists. It came on yesterday, and I have even closed my bank accounts and credit cards, and reopened new ones, in the event this bug is trying to take over more than my computer.
    Any suggestions as to what next I may try.
    I have purchased and down loaded Kaspersky, but the bug won't let this program update.
    It was like putting on a seatbelt after the crash. The other virus programs that were running, like Norton and adware alert have failed.
    Help
    Thanks

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's.

You start a thread in the Malware forum, just like you did here, and attach your logs to the posts. It will take two posts in the same thread to accomodate all 5 requested logs.

You can read this:
    How to attach items to your post.

3. rustyjack

rustyjack MajorGeek

Hi there Russ welcome to MG :wave just do as TimW says and you can't go wrong !

4. Russ Murphy

Russ Murphy Private E-2

Thank you TimW and Rustyjack

My name is also Rusty, to my closest friends, since boyhood.

I want to thank you and the Major Geek team for putting together such a precise method of debugging ones computer. I spent the better half of the day following your detailed instructions to the letter. When all was finished, I had rid my computer of thousands of parasites, it was astonishing just how many were living off my hard drive.
    I was excited to watch them go away and could feel a sense of healing and power. I was disappointed that the one bug that initially brought me to find you was still present. Then something wonderful happened. The Kaspersky program began downloading all the updates. Like some great weight was lifted off its shoulders, and it was free to do what it does best. It attacked the remaining Trojan with full force, and wiped it clean out of the hard drive.
    I did the system restore as you instructed, and the computer works like new. Thanks guys....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Hello, Russ Murphy and "Welcome to MajorGeeks!"

:-D That's our "Master Wizard's" handy-work - chaslang.

* There can be very serious problems accompanying having more than one anti-virus installed.

Seeing that your pc was that infected - I would recommend that you follow TimW's advice and attach the logs from running the tools in a new thread in the Malware Removal Forum to verify that there are no indeed no leftovers to be found.

If you don't choose to - then please go through this link: How to Protect yourself from malware!

dr.m

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds