certificate error

Discussion in 'Software' started by spidr_01, Jan 25, 2011.

1. spidr_01

spidr_01 Private E-2

my internet explorer keep's recieving errors about the web sites certificates that I visit and brings up a page giving me an option not to view the page or to go ahead and view it but it isant recomended. how can I get IE to quit and go ahead and view the page. I am trying to view things like my ISP account and yahoo mail home page.

2. abekl

abekl First Sergeant

In Internet Explorer, go to
    Tools>Advanced>Security, and uncheck Check for Publishers Certificate Revocation.

3. domerdame

domerdame Private E-2

I am actually experiencing this same problem and I did as abekl suggested....I went to tools advanced security and went down and unchecked the the check for Publishers certificate revocation....unfortunately my problem has not been resolved. I continuously face each new pages with the bar : To protect your security, Internet Explorer has blocked this website from displaying content with with security errors. Click here for options. I then have to go through this to get to the site or page I want to visit. Also I am experiencing this blocking page which takes up the entire screen dictating to me that this site has a certificate error and it does not suggest I go to it.....considering this is my hotmail account I am trying to visit I no longer pay it any attention other than it really becomes maddening after a while. Anyway......I would really appreciate some aid if possible...as I said I have already unchecked the publishers certificate revocation box without the desired effect. .......by the way this is the first time I have ever participated on the board...I have tried hard to locate aid through the threads before I made a post....I hope someone sees this and provide direction

4. domerdame

domerdame Private E-2

hey.....I was able to resolve the problem. I learned the reason for why I was experiencing the difficulties is that my computer clock had been reset to 2004 when it was purchased after my having moved it and then it wouldn't allow me to see the sites for the obvious reasons

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds