Won't find files

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Morgan, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Morgan

Morgan Private E-2

I changed the mobo and processor re-installed win 98 that was on the har drive..and now it will not install my ethernet and internet files..windows finds the hardware but can not find the drivers...

2. Rob M.

Rob M. First Sergeant

It's possible that Windows doesn't have drivers for those particular makes. You may need to pay a visit to the manufacturers' websites for the drivers you need.

This becomes quite likely if your network card was made after 1998. I don't know if M$ was providing driver updates with its Win98 updates, and I rather doubt it.

BTW -- did you remember to install the chipset drivers for the new motherboard? If your Ethernet connection is built into your motherboard, that may resolve the problem.

3. Morgan

Morgan Private E-2

Resolved

4. Rob M.

Rob M. First Sergeant

Glad to hear it. How'd you like to tell us how you resolved it so that others can learn from your problem?

And most of those who offer solutions usually like to know how close to the mark they got.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds