2wire

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by leoleotheiii, Jan 7, 2007.

1. leoleotheiii

leoleotheiii Private First Class

can anyone help me here, i just got a new modem and it keeps disconnecting, like about 2 min right after i do a repair on the connection, when its connected the web is soooo slow, plus msn live messenger cant log in despite the troubleshoot says that theres nothing wrong, weird thing is google.com loads instantly. I live in British Columbia and Telus as my ISP, and this modem IS from telus and not a third party. I have phoned telus " a few" times but their tel support is so incompentant, they dont know what they're talking about...

modem model: 2wire 2700HG-E highspeed wireless gateway

plz help me.... = =

2. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

How are you connecting (Wifi, Ethernet)? If WiFi, it could be due to being too far from the modem, or bad Wireless card. 2wire.com has a support section, due to this is a Hardware issue with their equipment, or possibly your wireless card.

3. leoleotheiii

leoleotheiii Private First Class

umm well the thing is that, i dont actaully use the wireless, i use the cable to my etherne card, i have tried this on more than one computer and the results are same....:cry

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

Check the settings for the 2Wire, then check to make sure that you are allowing the 2Wire modem to do PPPoE, or whatever Telus uses for connecting to their network. Most likely the computer & the 2Wire are both trying to connect with the authentication, which only one device needs to be doing it.

The 2Wire is a robust router, and if I was not using VoIP, I would of chosen it over the 5360 Bridge that I have from SBC. Also, you may want to check over @ http://www2.dslreports.com/forum/telus or http://www2.dslreports.com/forum/2wire since these are specific forums for both the equipment & the provider.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds