hi need help with laptop... no drivers... no idea what drivers needed :(

Discussion in 'Software' started by pyroben666@hotmail.com, Sep 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. is there anyway to find out what drivers i need for a laptop? the laptop is a time computer...model number 2000... its approx 4-5 years old... any help would be great... thanks

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Never heard of it, you need to check Google or maybe a driver website like http://www.windrivers.com . I dont know what a Time computer is, never heard of it. Wish I could do more.

3. IcEy-CoLd

IcEy-CoLd Private E-2

hey, find out what video card or whats built onto the MB, then you could see if omegadrivers has something for it... or do the people who made your PC still have a website.. or even a place you could call...

4. its a laptop... and im a real novice... so how would i find any of this out... there is a website... timecomputers or sumit like that... but its not vbery helpful and u can call at £1 a min...* btw why is my name pyroben666@hotmail.com :S*... that aint my email address :S... nm lol

5. ok update... i to the too lil covers off the bk... :S... and 1 says..." pc100 64mb sdram 4mx16...then loads of letters and numbers..." and the other 1 says " ess teledrive" ne help?

6. hi i took the two covers off the bk... 1 thing says... "pc100 64mb sdram 4mx16... and then loads of numbers and letters " and the other 1 says "ess teledrive es2898s c069 tav47994s" :S duno wot it means tho thx btw :)

7. just gone into the device manager and its got a yellow circle with a black exclamation mark next to pci simple communications controller it says we need a driver for it, any idea wot driver we need or where to get 1?

8. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

Download (Everast) Info program to your rig:
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
    With it you should be able to identify your laptop model and most all of your hardware, should even give web links for drivers.

9. mike12345

mike12345 Private E-2

i need help cant download much and i keep getting riched20.dll not found try re-installing it dont know what to do where to start!

10. mike12345

mike12345 Private E-2

can any one help is any one here?

11. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Yes as this thread is from 2004 its best to start a new one and DO give us more info that you have already, like what Windows version you using and is it fully upto date?

What senario are you getting this error message? "cant download much" doesnt discribe much, can you download anything or is it just variable?

Have you scanned for virii as this file can be taken over by virii?

The more info the better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds