does anyone have a apple airport express?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thenewmadmax, Jan 6, 2006.

1. thenewmadmax

thenewmadmax Private E-2

hey all i was looking at purchesing an apple airport express and i was wondering, does the usb port for the pritner also support usb hard drives for network storage? thanks a bunch, max

2. JaimeSharp

JaimeSharp Private E-2

i believe not but i don't have a spare usb hd to test this but from what i have heard it is not possible

3. thenewmadmax

thenewmadmax Private E-2

thanks, your the first 1 after a month to reply

4. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

5. thenewmadmax

thenewmadmax Private E-2

ive concidered that thing before, i just thoguht if the airport did do network store, i coudl kill 3 stones at once:p

6. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

The AirPort Express Assistant software automatically detects what you have connected to AirPort Express — whether it’s your stereo, DSL or cable modem or printer — then walks you through the easy steps to complete the setup.(7)

Share a Single Printer — Wirelessly

Have several computers in your home but only one printer? No problem. Just connect a printer to the USB port on the AirPort Express Base Station and the printer instantly becomes available to everyone on your wireless network.(6) No longer do you need to move your printer from one place to another to connect it to this or that computer. No more dealing with tangled cables or emailing files from one computer to another that’s connected to the printer.

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/specs.html

7. brownizs

brownizs MajorGeek

That pretty much explains it, but you would really need to try in order to find out if it will work.

8. thenewmadmax

thenewmadmax Private E-2

yeah, but thanks again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds