PC doesn't turn on after shutdown. Power button flashes amber and doesn't turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by greenking, Aug 5, 2010.

1. greenking

greenking Private E-2

Hi, please help me

I contacted Major Geeks as I was infected with Antimalware Doctor and was instructed by TimW to remove it. After removal I noticed that after shutdown my pc wouldn't turn on when the power button was pressed. After turning the switch on the wall off and then on again, the pc turned on but now a few days later it is not turning on at all. The power button flashes amber when pressed but nothing more. It doesn't start up at all. Please tell me how this can be undone or fixed, thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Looking at your malware thread, to be sure you were given the all clean, I noticed you mentioned this
    Is that still the case?

3. greenking

greenking Private E-2

Hi Plodr

No, the power button just flashes amber now, even after switching the electricity socket on the wall off and then on :cry

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Swap out the power supply. It sounds as if it was weak and finally has died.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds