i want to upgrade my pc help needed

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bigblokey0, May 8, 2007.

1. bigblokey0

bigblokey0 Private E-2

im currently running

foxconn 661fxme motherboard 478 socket
    celeron 2.4
    1256 ram
    nvidia 6600 gt 128 agp
    330 gig hd

i wanna upgrade my motherboard to one that has a pci-e slot but i want to use my current cpu and other stuff for now till i get more money then i can upgrade my cpu and the like can anyone recommend a mother board one that has pci-e and if possible other things like duel core and the like cheers

or if anyone can recomend a dual core motherboard with cpu bundle

2. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

You will find difficulty getting socket 478 motherboards, but they are about.
    It's now mostly for socket 775.
    However, I'VE had some gigabyte boards that gave good service, or, Asrock, and if you type those names into your brouser, you should find sites still selling them .

3. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

4. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

5. bigblokey0

bigblokey0 Private E-2

6. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

Yes, but the Asus has only AGP, so for pci-e you can only have the ECS motherboard. - I am sorry , but I do not know much about ECS, so I suggest you look for reviews on it, to see what is said about them - I will have a quick look, if I have time.

7. baklogic

baklogic The Tinkerer

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds