Online game skip

Discussion in 'Software' started by Forgottenxeno, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Forgottenxeno

Forgottenxeno Private E-2

Ok I have a really bad problem that I need help with everytime I want to play a online game it skips unbearably such as game as halo - and star wars galaxies. I really have no idea what the problem is because when I play halo offline not in muliplayer it will work just fine smooth graphics and everything no skipping. Someone please help me!! lol

specs: Radeon 9600 xt 128 mb
    1 gig of ram
    2800+ athlon xp 2.08 ghz

2. Destructo

Destructo Corporal

What is your internet connection? If you have dial-up then that could be a problem w/some games.
    Have you tried a variety of servers? Your system looks good. Have you scanned for spyware/viruses? Just a few thoughts. Let us know if it clears up.

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

Companies should really make two seperate Game requirements from playing online to off. While playing online your computer is way more stressed out then playing offline solo; it needs to load tons of other stuff; including other players, weapons, where theyre heading, what their actions are affecting etc etc. You can try lowering your settings visually to see if that helps you out while playing online.

4. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

I play Call of duty united offensive online with 6800gt,a64,1gig ram on the large wide open base assault levels against 36 players i have to turn the detail down from max to improve the framerate but against 16 players its just fine,the singleplayer framerate is double the multiplayer.

but if you are shooting other guys,see the bullets hit them but they dont die its most likel your connection is too slow. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds