can someone tell me why and how to fix

Discussion in 'Software' started by bbolin06, Mar 2, 2009.

1. bbolin06

bbolin06 Private First Class

i have a HP omnibook 6100 laptop running xp. when its plugged in its bright and can see perfect when you unplug it and run on the battery the screen goes alittle darker and alittle hard to read because like i said it gets dim. please help.....Thanks Bobby:confused

2. KathyM

KathyM Master Sergeant

Hi - On the bottom of the keyboard you should have a Function key, it would look like this ( FN ) or something similar. Then on the top you should have various F key's like F1, F2, F3 etc. Press and hold the FN key at the same time press the F7 key that will increase the brightness while on battery. It will have a symbol that looks like a sun with an arrow pointing upward.

But, when it's working on battery only and if you force the brightness, the battery will exhaust very quickly. The slight dimness is an energy saving feature to make your battery power last longer.

Hope this helps......

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds