Boot Manger and Boot loader on different drives windows 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by nickyboy, Sep 21, 2010.

1. nickyboy

nickyboy Private E-2

I have installed windows 7 on a net book via a flash drive, I used a flash drive with XP on to format the drive C because 7 said not enough room to install 7, the drives C and D are 40 gig each partition. My problem now is I have windows 7 and xp recovery on boot and I have to choose 7. I have got BCD and BCD only shows my windows 7 on the C drive. Checking with BCD debug I found windows boot manager on the D drive windows boot loader on the C drive along with all the installed windows files. I have tried a repair from the flash drive, I can't seem to be able to get rid of the xp which is not loaded or installed. The D drive only has a few data files on, I have even re-formatted the D drive but the flash reinstalls the boot manager on the D Drive.:cry

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds