.lnk shortcut prolbem

Discussion in 'Software' started by ksbradley21, Mar 26, 2012.

1. ksbradley21

ksbradley21 Private E-2

Hi all. I am experiencing a problem with "maintaining" a short cut. I just installed a program (finally with a NEW EXTERNAL OOD) and it worked fine with the desktop shortcut, UNTIL, I restarted the compturer. I now have a "shortcut" without an icon for the program and clicking on it does nothing. Not only is the icon gone, but ".lnk" is showing as its attribute, and, upon right click I am not shown "run as administrator" or any of the usual choices. I am shown, "send " to, etc. I have had this happen with some other programs, also. Usually I went into explore and found the program and opened the file and clicked on the ".exe" and it would launch the program. Even this tactic is not opening this particular program. Do you all have any ideas as to what is going on and how to prevent it in the future? You all are to be commended for your generosity in helping so many people fix so many interesting problems. Just so you know. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who can mess up a computer just by starting it up. ( and you know who you are;))

2. falconattack

falconattack Command Sergeant Major

What is the programme do you install in your machine my friend ? I smell virus or something like this , do you have another clean machine over there ? Download this tool

http://majorgeeks.com/Speccy_d6358.html

follow the process :
    from left column choose
    Summary ( wait 30 seconds until report generated )

from bar menu select :
    File
    Save as Text file
    choose desktop as saving location
    follow this process to post your machine type report

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86880

go for it !! :wave

3. ksbradley21

ksbradley21 Private E-2

My file is too big and I am having trouble zipping it

4. ksbradley21

ksbradley21 Private E-2

ok see if that worked, it is bird.zip

Attached Files:

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds