Struggling w/ Dual Video Card/ Multi-Montior Issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by LasAnimasLogica, Nov 12, 2006.

1. LasAnimasLogica

LasAnimasLogica Private E-2

Hello all...
    I'm having a problem configuring two separate video cards for use with multiple monitors and I just can't figure out what is wrong! Any help or ideas would be appreciated!

I am trying to set up a PCI-e Radeon X300 (128MB) and a Radeon 7000 series PCI card (64MB) to allow me to have 3 monitors (2 VGA, 1 S-video) running. Windows seems to either (1) freeze up and the opening splash screen, or (2) all monitors go completely black and the computer freezes directly after the initial Windows loading sequence. I am able to get both cards to work perfectly by disabling the Radeon 7000 PCI card with Device Manager while in Safe Mode, rebooting the machine, and then enabling the device. As soon as I shutdown/restart the problem occurs again, and I have to enter safe mode, disable, reboot, and enable all over again. I have tried changing the default video adapter in BIOS, disabling all hardware accelerations for both cards, and re-installing both cards. All drivers are up-to-date. I am also using UltraMon to configure and control the displays. UtraMon is set up to load the display profile (all three monitors) at Windows start-up. I know both cards work, because I can easily enable and configure the displays which work perfect until a reboot. I have the primary VGA display set on the PCI-e X300, which also has the S-video, and the 7000 series has one VGA display attached. Device Manager is reporting no conflicts. If anyone has any advice, thanks in advance!!

I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition, with all updates and patches. The machine is a Systemax Vitality Intel Core 2Duo 2.4GHz Processor with 4MB of cache, The Intel motherboard D975XBX ViiV, (2x)250GB SATA 7200RPM hard drives set up in raid 0, 2GB RAM, 500w power supply. There is no onboard video for this motherboard.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds