Connecting over my home wireless network?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Wizry11, Dec 11, 2004.

1. Wizry11

Wizry11 Private First Class

Hey guys,

I just bought a new computer - see below . . . and want to transfer some files from my old computer to my new one over a wireless network connection but im having trouble . . . with windows 2000 how do i configure it to hook up to my new laptop?? what steps should i take . . .

2. 44039

44039 Private First Class

This is how I would do it:

On the "old" computer, create a new share at the root of the drive(s). Don't set any security on it. (via My Computer, right click on the C: drive, and select "sharing").
    On the "new" computer, map a drive to the share that you just created above. Now you can browse and copy any data from that drive, using Windows Explorer.
    When you have finished copying your data, just remember to remove the share.

Scott
    http://www.AAApcMechanic.com

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds