HP Laserjet 5L

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gingerh1, Mar 3, 2005.

1. gingerh1

gingerh1 Private E-2

Since installing WIN XP, I've had nothing but trouble printing on my HP Laserjet 5L. I've gone to the HP web site and downloaded updated drivers - I've also uninstalled the printer and reinstalled several times. The test print works fine and prints beautifully, some programs print just fine, while others have a really hard time. Adobe PDF files are almost always screwed up, Excel spread sheets and Word documents have the first part of the page blurry but the last half of the page is perfect, then again some print a completely perfect page. Anyone have any ideas or is this printer obsolete?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

the printer is obsolete but I am still running several here with win2k/xp. I use the PCL5e drivers not the PCL6. You may even want to try HP's generic driver which is the HPLJ III driver.

3. gingerh1

gingerh1 Private E-2

Will I find these drivers on HP's website?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2005

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds