Touchpad software

Discussion in 'Software' started by iwalke, Sep 15, 2006.

1. iwalke

iwalke Private E-2

Hi, I've had a series of problems since reinstalling windows yesterday and i've sorted the major ones i think.. just an annoyance now really. My touchpad is working fine I just don't seem to have software allowing me to turn functions such as tap-click off (which is driving me crazy because i'm clicking by accident etc.)

I'm using a sony vaio vgn-fs215s and have downloaded the necessary driver from their site but when I try to open "alps pointing device driver" i get an error message saying "dll could not open"

thanks for any help

2. iwalke

iwalke Private E-2

I tried downloading the synaptics driver so i had some software to disable tap to click with, but this still didn't allow me to turn tap to click off and to make things worse it stopped my keyboard working... so i've rolled back the driver and my keyboard works again but i'm still stuck with tap to click switched on :s

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds