Computer will not shut-down!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by kjb125, Apr 8, 2007.

1. kjb125

kjb125 Private First Class

OK...here we go...I have a Dell XPS 400...2.8gig...2gigs ram...pentium D...windows media center XP...--Problem-- When i go in the start menu and click turn off computer, then click Turn off (or Restart), nothing happens. If i hold the power button on the tower (case) it will turn off....it just will not turn off using the start menu....NOW, i have done a system restore and it has seemed to have fixed the problem as of right now...my questions, has anyone had this happen?? and, if this happens again, how can i fix it?? Could this be virus related?? Thanks for your help!!

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I've had this happen with my XP Pro SP2. I was running a RAM optimizer and as soon as that was shut off, the Windows restart and turn off functions worked perfectly....
    If you're not running a RAM utility, then I don't know what to tell you....

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds