IE Problem with Vista 32 bit

Discussion in 'Software' started by rhinos, Apr 15, 2015.

1. rhinos

rhinos Private E-2

IE has stopped working and just hangs. have tried to download IE9 again but I get a message something like cannot install ie9 due to a later version already installed. Is the cure to remove IE and start again to download ie9?

Can ie be removed and if so how?

Thanks for your help

2. _nullptr

_nullptr Major Geeky Geek Geek

Can you browse using Internet Explorer with no add-ons?
    • Press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run box and enter: iexplore -extoff

3. rhinos

rhinos Private E-2

Hi, thanks for your reply. No I am not able to browse even without the add ons

4. rhinos

rhinos Private E-2

Hi, I have removed the existing IE9 and installed a fresh version using windows update as per microsoft's recommendations. It still does not work. The MSN homepage with bing opens up but when I have google .co.uk as my home page the page takes abot 3mins to load and links don't work.

Google chrome works fine.

PS my signature strip is not for the same PC. The one I am having problems with is a Dell Inspiron 1500 Laptop

Any further advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds