hello

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by sk8ersublime, Aug 16, 2008.

1. sk8ersublime

sk8ersublime Private E-2

hello, seems a lot of people are getting that damn e-card blue screen virus. I am tech at my job and co-worker clicked the link in the email. So ive been working on trying to fix it. Cant get into normal mode, only safe mode, and permissions have been changed so i can do anything even with the admin account. Well i finally got AVG installed, removed the viruses, and the problem is still there when going to normal mode.

Anyway, i put in the windows disc to reformat, and decided to try and repair instead. Well it re-installed the windows files, and im currently in normal mode :) i will be scanning this machine to make sure its safe to be on the network. Any advice would be great, and maybe others can try the repair too.

2. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Welcome to MG's.....you may wish to peruse the malware forum.

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds