Hi and Help!

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by sfstevethemonkey, Aug 29, 2008.

1. sfstevethemonkey

sfstevethemonkey Private E-2

This is my first time posting to a forum, so please bear with any missteps! My computer was infected with a virus this past spring and thanks to a friend's guidance to your site, and the directions for cleaning XP, I was able to remove the virus without issue. Starting a couple of weeks ago, though, I started having odd issues with my tray icons. In particular, my Avira Antivir icon appeared to be stopping upon reboot, and some of the other icons, like the one for sound, disappeared, which made me think some form of malware might have found a backdoor way into my computer. I ran the latest sequence for cleaning XP as before; SpyBot found some issues which I removed, but it was ComboFix that brought my Avira icon, and any missing icons, back to normal. It seemed to be fixed... that is, until I rebooted. By three reboots it was right back to where it was. I reran only ComboFix, was corrected, but another reboot after, started this sequence of icon changing again. I just reran ComboFix again, but need an expert to take a look and see if there is something I can do to stop this trend. Thank you for your help!!

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      14.2 KB
      Views:
  2. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

You need to follow all the steps in the READ & RUN ME FIRST. Malware Removal Guide

Then you need to start a NEW thread in the Malware Forum

And attack the logs of ALL the scans in your post.

The problem with malware is that is finds so many places to hide.

This way the malware experts can check the logs, And help you clean your system.

Good luck.

3. sfstevethemonkey

sfstevethemonkey Private E-2

Thanks Wild Wolf! I will start again and post all the logs under Malware. I'm pretty sure something is hiding somewhere...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds