Strange browser error (won't browse, can ping and tracert)

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Fenrise, Sep 1, 2008.

1. Fenrise

Fenrise Private E-2

Hello there out in Major Geeks land. I come to you now in dire need of some enlightenment! I have recentlt come across some sort of error where my web brosers (IE7, Firefox 3 and Maxathon2) all fail to search after a couple of hours. This seems to happen at total random; and at the most inopportune moments. I can exit the browser but when I attempt to reopen it all I get is the loading icon by the mouse and nothing. These seems to stack up in the Task Manager tray where I can get rid of all but the original culprit.

I am in the process of doing the "READ FIRST" steps and will post the results I get.

Hopefully someone out there in the tubes will be able to help me!

2. Lev

Lev MajorGeek

Welcome to MajorGeeks.com :)

If you are working through the Read and Run Me First Instructions as you suspect malware, please start a new thread in the Malware Forum and post the logs requested from the instructions in that thread.

If you do not think it is malware, but related to the software application(s)instead, start a new thread in the Software Forum giving as much infomration as possible (but not the logs from the Read and Run Me First).

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds