Please Help! Error message: AI Roboform assertion failed

Discussion in 'Software' started by marengo, Feb 22, 2009.

1. marengo

marengo Private E-2

Hello Everyone,

I'm a newbie, and really need some help. I'll try to be as clear as I can about this problem, but it will be pretty long...

About a week ago, I tried to play a game at MSN Games. I've played games from there for years without issue. However, this time I received this message, window opens many in short succession...

AI RoboForm assertion failed

Please send contents of this message box to bugs@roboform.com.

This message has been copied to the clipboard, so you just need to Paste it in the mail client window.

Assertion failed: c=0s=-null-
    GetLast Error returned: 0
    OS version: 5.1 build 2600 (Service Pack 3) platform=2
    IE version : 6.0.2900
    DLL;
    EXE: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    RF version: 4-4-9
    Lang:
    File: D:\p\roboform\Filler\FormFiller.cpp
    Line: 3401

It is quited possible that the program exe3ctuion can be safely continued. Do you want to continue?

System
    IE 6.0, upgraded to 7.0 yesterday
    Trend Micro, recently updated, scan daily
    Windows XP

What I've done...
    1. Add/Remove to remove RoboForm and it's not installed on my computer
    2. Defraged, Disc Clean-up
    3. Windows Defender
    4. Trend Micro Full Scan
    5. Taken my computer to local computer person.
    6. Sent message to RoboForm and they emailed back to upgrade my RF version. (Sort of hard to do, as it's not installed on my system).

The computer guy...
    1. Did everything I've done again, plus some
    2. Says it's strange that this is showing up on my D: drive registry, as that is my CD/rom
    3. Upgraded IE to 7.0
    4. Reset all my IE security options to disabled.

Today I tried to log on to MSN and ebay and got an error saying JAVA needed to be available. I then followed a link to Microsoft and followed the directions to enable JAVA. I accidentally clicked reset default and didn't catch it before changes were made. But, I didn't think it would hurt... So now I can log in, but I go back to MSN Games and the same error is showing up.

Computer Guy said he had gotten rid of it and it was difficult. So, why is it back. Did disabling things in Security keep it from popping up, but then it's still on my computer somewhere, Right???

At this point you probably get that I'm very computer dangerous! I'm at my edge with this and am afraid I will do something REALLY bad.

My Question...

Is this a worm that is really deeply buried in my computer? Is there any way to get it out?

If you've made it this far, thanks for your patience! And, Thanks in advance for your help!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds