need help with pc please anyone....

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by andrew venn, Jun 9, 2008.

1. andrew venn

andrew venn Private E-2

Hello, I am new to the Forum, and have a slight problem with my pc, it doesnt work very well.
    last week i downloaded something which left me with lots of trojans and a lot of malware which using this site i pretty much sorted out THANKS.
    But my system seemed to suffer and i lost my internet connection and was unabel to uninstal/ install ant programs etc, also ended up with an adminstrators account which i dint have before so didnt know the password and the adminstrator account stopped me making any changes to the pc.
    anyway formatted the hard drive and reinstalled xp, normally takes about 45 mins but this took nearly 6 hrs and now the pc is very slow and internet connections are unreliable.

anyone have any ideas on what i should do.
    I have noticed that a lot of these questions are followed by a lot of pc tech info, I DO NOT KNOW HOW TO OBTAIN THIS YET, so if that info is usefull to anyone who may be able to help, i would need some instruction on that as well.
    not bad for a first post long boring and not very informative.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

Welcome to MajorGeeks! Looks like Kestrel has a good link for you, so nothing for me to add. The malware fighters here are excellent.

E

3. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

4. andrew venn

andrew venn Private E-2

Hello all, sorry about posting here and not in the malware section, i was having so many problems i couldent stay on line long enough to find out how or where to post, any way am now using a back up pc and will run through as much info on this site as I can to fix my other pc,(which now doesnt even boot past the auto detect primary drive), from what i have seen and done with the info her this site it is invalueble, THANKS for the welcome.

5. JPolito830

JPolito830 Private E-2

Just wanted to say welcome to the forums!

6. andrew venn

andrew venn Private E-2

thank all for the welcome
    i will post in the correct areas now, as my pc is running long enough for me to use this site again.

Cheers.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds