Thank you! & Hello

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by romin, Jun 16, 2008.

1. romin

romin Private E-2

hello everyone,

I've been having issues with my computer for days now cause of spyware/malware or w/e the hell its called.

I've dealt with it in the past but its just seeming to get smart and more irritating to get rid of i tried over 6 different free/paid for services all with nothing to show for it.

This new virus/trojan totally hijacked my os my bottom task bar gone all icons etc.. took away my task manager totally making it impossible to do anything to help myself. Well luckily i was able to get into my control panel and internet and finally get my desktop back into my control from there it was easier but still difficult. So i finally got most things weeded out and destroyed but 2 gave me trouble for 2days or so *coolwebs* *trojandownloader.xs* these programs literally made me want to chainsaw my comp in half lol!.

So i look everywhere and everything i download or try to remedy my computer with seems to be some stupid ad or a way to get you to spend money.

Finally when i was about to give up i ran into major geeks site. I read a TON of into and kinda got a feel for what i had to do to help myself but without registering i couldn't search more and see if my problem was already delt with on a thread. So i did just that and bam i find my exact problem followed what was written for another reader/poster on this site, and now everything is dandy.

So ya very long winded but i felt the need to elaborate lol. Also the need to say thanks to everyone here was a great help.

So again thank you! i'll be hanging around from time to time cause i'm sure this isn't the last i'll have to deal with this BS.

2. Fred_G

Fred_G Heat packin' geek

3. JPolito830

JPolito830 Private E-2

Hello and welcome to the forum!

4. wildwolf220

wildwolf220 Oracle of Doom

:wave and welcome to MG's..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds