Ni Internet connection - wired or wireless

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wlsnoops, Mar 21, 2009.

1. wlsnoops

wlsnoops Private E-2

Hello all. New to the forum.
    I am working on a HP Pavillion DV8305us laptop with XP Media SP2.
    After the system boots up, I get a message that a PCI device has been found and wants to install the driver. In device manger, there are 6 instances of "PCI Device" listed with yellow exclamation points listed under "Other devices". There is no ethernet adapter listed.
    I contacted HP chat support and was told that it had a corrupt file and that I needed to do a full recovery (format and reinstall O/S) to get the system back to its original state as it came from the factory. Did this and as soon as it rebooted, the problem came back.
    I opened the bottom and removed the Broadcom WLAN card, rebooted and suddenly the ethernet device was found and I was able to connect to the Internet using a cable connection. Shut the system down, restarted and the appears once again. I put the wireless card back in and have reinstalled drivers with no luck. I set the BIOS to default settings which enables the aireless card but nothing happens.
    Sorry if this has been answered before. I can't seem to find the solution, though.
    Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds