Documents And Settings

Discussion in 'Software' started by Shizoku, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

I have two user folders in Documents and Settings that are just there and cant be deleted. The users that go with them are no longer users anymore. I looked and it seems like there is not way to delete them now, but I just wanted to put it out there I guess.

Thanks.

2. Brandon

Brandon controlmind

3. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

remove the users from the user manager and then delete their profiles.. problem solved.

4. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

But how do I delete their profiles if they are no longer users on my computer. They still have folders in documents and settings but there is not way to delete their profile to get rid of the folders.

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you. I have XP home edition, btw.

Thanks for the replies. That program helped with some stuff in the program files folder that I gave up on long ago!

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

right click on my computer..choose properties.. then advanced tab. Then the user profiles section click the settings button. Select the profile and then hit delete.

6. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

It got rid of some of them..but two remain.

Thanks.

7. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

you have to do it for each user you want to remove..

8. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

I did.

It seems they wont delete because of temporary internet files.

Upon atempting to delete the folder...

Cannot delete header[1].: Cannot find the specified file.

Make sure to specify the correct path and file name.

9. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

try restarting your machine.

10. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

Still same problem. Doesn't work with safe mode either.

11. theefool

theefool Geekified

What OS is this? You could try deleteing the files within recovery console.

12. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

Windows XP Home.

13. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

I tried making a new account and deleting the one I use but it didn't work.

The two folders are called Alex and Nick...they don't link with my only one profile called Dummy at the moment. Heres what d&s looks like:

Administrator Alex
    All Users Dummy
    Nick

I only have an account for Dummy set up. And It's the only one visible when I turn on my computer.

14. bchivers

bchivers Private First Class

Try Gipo@move on boot
    Scroll down the page until you see"Old Version (Freeware)" it's unsupported but free.

15. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

It didn't work. Also in Nick, it says cannot delete start menu: access is denied. I tried this program and unlocker on it, but it didn't get rid of it.

Thanks for the suggestion bchivers.

16. bchivers

bchivers Private First Class

Have you tried going to control panel,user accounts and deleting it there?

17. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

Yes. The thing is they arn't listed.

18. Shizoku

Shizoku Private E-2

I searched on microsoft site..but they only had a way to move profiles to different locations. In the registry there is no profiles connected with these folders. So I guess I have two dead folders that I can't get rid of and I can't make my folder called nick.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds