Msn Not Logining In

Discussion in 'Software' started by ekhan, Jul 1, 2006.

1. ekhan

ekhan Corporal

Im running windows 2000 and i was using msn 7 for a long time and one day i found a way to install msn 7.5 and after i installed msn 7.5 on my win 2000 after i entered my login and password it brought up an error immedietly saying something about troubleshooting the error number is 80048883

2. infoseeker

infoseeker Master Sergeant

have you try reinstalling it?

:)infoseeker:)

3. ekhan

ekhan Corporal

yea like a hundred times...

4. Toni_1947

Toni_1947 Command Sergeant Major

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Try the steps below and be sure to create a restore point, it involves editing the registry.

[1] Go to Add/Remove Programs and remove MSN Messenger

[2] Go to C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger and delete the entire folder

[3] Start up Registry editor by going to Start Menu > Run > Typing in regedit and hitting OK

Navigate to the HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger key and delete the entire MSNMessenger Key

Note: This will remove all custom settings from MSN Messenger and you will have to re-select all the options you want when you install the new version.

[4] Restart your computer. Then reinstall MSN Messenger.

Steve

6. ekhan

ekhan Corporal

still not working

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds