Dont know if its a OS driver problem, but cant get to desktop.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GamerKidz, Jan 10, 2012.

1. GamerKidz

GamerKidz Private E-2

Its the worst to have, but I am running Vista 32 bit on my computer, I replaced the motherboard and put a new one in that was used from a friend. He used either XP or 7 on it, and when I try to boot my pc up, it acts like it wants to boot up, but will just keep restarting and wont get to the desktop. I am still using the same hard drive and everything else, the only thing that is different is the motherboard and the OS it was running with.

Here are the specs for the motherboard.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131013

2. pip22

pip22 Private E-2

The replacement motherboard requires different hardware drivers than those that are installed on your hard drive, so that will not help the situation as multiple driver errors will cause Windows Vista to screw itself up.

You need to re-install Windows Vista so that Windows Setup can acqaint itself with the new hardware, then install motherboard drivers as required when Windows is up & running.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds