0xc000000f

Discussion in 'Software' started by whril, Jan 9, 2015.

1. whril

whril Private First Class

i have an asus laptop running windows 8. upon starting i get a bsod with the following error.
    0xc000000f
    a required device is not connected or can't be accessed.

i did find a site on solving this error for a toshiba laptop, but it is not working for the asus. the bios is just different enough that maybe i am missing something.

anyway, is there hope for this error without reinstalling? i really don't want to lose the personal files.

thank you

whril

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

3. whril

i believe i do have a disc. if i use the automatic repair will it keep the personal files?

smile
    whril

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

5. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

There needn't be any risk of of this, whatever you decide to do. BACK THEM UP!

6. whril

i wasn't able to access the files to make a copy of them but they were saved during the refresh.
    i have since backed up. somethings it does not pay to wait another day for!
    thank you for your help and pointing me in the right direction.
    smile
    whril

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds