Webroot Secure Anywhere from Best Buy

Discussion in 'Software' started by Geekwanttobe, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Geekwanttobe

Geekwanttobe Private E-2

Is this great/good software to use? It came bundled with a laptop.

Thanks!

2. Nick T

Nick T MajorGeek

Hey Geekwanttobe, if you're running Windows 8 or 8.1 you already have Windows Defender preinstalled on your system. Once you remove Webroot all you need to do is turn on Windows Defender. Also, I've used Webroot and it's a decent program but not worth paying for after the free trial is up. Like JoeRay12 said, there's better free options.

3. Geekwanttobe

Geekwanttobe Private E-2

Thank, JoeRay12 & Nick T. I was a little leery of it after reading about some people having difficulty uninstalling.

JoeRay12, thanks for all the links and advice. Going to check them out now.

4. Geekwanttobe

Geekwanttobe Private E-2

For the paid version of SuperAntiSpyware is it important to make the additional purchase of the backup disk?

Thanks!

5. Geekwanttobe

Geekwanttobe Private E-2

I should have clarified. This is for a laptop for a teenage boy with slight autism, ADHD, and some learning issues. I don't think he'll remember to do scans/updates. I don't believe he goes to risky sites (unless he knows how to delete his history rolleyes). With that additional information would you still recommend the free versions? Currently he has Microsoft essentials, Comodo firewall (didn't change the DNS settings), SAS & Malwarebytes.

Thanks!

6. Geekwanttobe

Geekwanttobe Private E-2

Thank you! You've been a great help!

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds