Remote procedure call failed and did not execute

Discussion in 'Software' started by Syke360, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Syke360

Syke360 Private E-2

Hey Guys,

Hope you can help, recently I've started receiving this error if I try to open My Computer/My Documents etc..

"Remote procedure call failed and did not execute"

When I try and access Control Panel I get:

"::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683} Remote procedure call failed and did not execute"

I've searched the inter-webs to find it may be something to do with RPC Services, which I have checked and are running.

If I restart I get a few minutes of joy until Explorer.exe hangs and the errors appear again. Here is a log from my Event viewer:

The program Explorer.EXE version 6.1.7600.16450 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
    Process ID: 724
    Start Time: 01cc0010334563a0
    Termination Time: 50
    Application Path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
    Report Id: 2625ed69-6c4c-11e0-b037-00248c5d1f1f

This happened before and I did a System restore and all has been well for a while and now its back. I haven't installed anything new apart from Windows updates and any game related updates.

Just wondering what you lot make of it.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds