Password Problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dimensions, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Dimensions

Dimensions Private E-2

Here's the deal,

I bought a computer and there is a password when I try to get on. I think its actually in the system because you can't cancel it or anything it's just a black screen with password on it. I'm just starting to get into computers so I have no idea how to get rid of it. Is there like a master password for a dell dimension series L800r or do I just have to ditch the computer?

Thank you

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

if you open up the case, there is a large CMOS battery that you can remove. It looks like a big watch battery. Pop it out for 30 seconds and then put it back in. That should reset the password.

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Haha, reminds me of.... somthing :rolleyes: else... :rolleyes: there is a software hack to reset the password but its no use if you cant boot up into a boot floppy.

Oh yeah and make sure the power is unplugged from the computer.

4. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Sergeant

Some MB's might have the CMOS battery soldered in. In that case, their are usually jumpers nearby. You have to move it like say from Pins 1 and 2 to pins 2 and 3. Then reboot. Shut down again, put the jumper back the way it was. Then reboot again.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds