School political question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sibeer, Feb 9, 2005.

1. sibeer

sibeer MajorGeek

My wife was watching "One Tree Hill" earlier, and in the show there's a campaign for high school president. The candidates are both running negative campaigns which probably sells tv shows, but she wondered why the school doesn't outlaw these types of campaigns. So, we got to wondering if negative campaigning is the norm for school politics in the U.S. and other countries. I can't remember much about it from my schooldays here in Canada so I can't speak for us, but there's quite a few students that hang out here from all over the world.

2. Sgt. Tibbs

Sgt. Tibbs Ultra Geek

Not sure if my observations are valid any more, since I graduated almost 16 years ago. But...the class before mine had a guy who was running a negative campaign, and he was removed from the ballot and earned himself a three-day in house suspension.

3. WobblesRArt

WobblesRArt MajorGeek

kind of harsh….three day’s……….my teenage daughter told me about a negative campaign at her school, but the negative was about the school not a person…..

I did see lots, at the community college, that I attended, I was even part of the student government……..I know, but it was fun, after all I didn’t start college until I was 43, and I turned 50 in April last year…………..and you did say, they see thing on the TV, not the best role model…….wobbles

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds