Device Manager, Code 41 (audio)

Discussion in 'Software' started by jacquibendy123, Jan 16, 2008.

1. jacquibendy123

jacquibendy123 Private E-2

PLEASE HELP
    I am new to this so please excuse me.

I have no sound. I am using a toshiba equium laptop running windows xp.
    For some unknown reason I have no audio device.
    Drivers are enabled, installed but cannot find hardware (code 41)
    I have tried all solutions which I found on the internet
    Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41) A driver was loaded but Windows cannot find the device. This happens when Windows does not detect a non-Plug and Play device. If the device was removed, uninstall the driver, install the device, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver. If the hardware was not removed, obtain a new or updated driver for the device.If the device is a non-Plug and Play device, a newer version of the driver might be needed. To install non-Plug and Play devices, use the Add Hardware wizard. Click Performance and Maintenance on Control Panel, click System, and on the Hardware tab, click Add Hardware Wizard.On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooting wizard.
    >> Re: CODE 41
    Anyway I have resolve the issue:

To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
    Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
    Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)
    Recommended resolution

A driver was loaded but Windows cannot find the device. This error occurs when Windows does not detect a non-Plug and Play device.

If the device was removed, uninstall the driver, install the device, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver. If the hardware was not removed, obtain a new or updated driver for the device.

If the device is a non-Plug and Play device, a newer version of the driver might be needed. To install non-Plug and Play devices, use the Add Hardware wizard. Click Performance and Maintenance on Control Panel, click System, and on the Hardware tab, click Add Hardware Wizard.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard

Uninstall iTunes
    1) In Control Panel, open Add/Remove Programs (under Classic View in Windows XP)
    2) Select iTunes from the list of currently installed programs, click Change/Remove.
    3) An iTunes for Windows Installshield window appears. Select Remove, click Next. A Confirm Uninstall window appears. Select OK.
    4) A "Maintenance Successful" notification appears. Select Finish.

Uninstall iPod Updater
    5) In Add/Remove Programs, select iPod Updater. Click Change/Remove.
    6) A Confirm Uninstall window appears. Select OK to remove iPod Updater.
    7) Repeat for any and all iPod Updaters.

Uninstall QuickTime
    8) In Add/Remove Programs, select QuickTime. Click Change/Remove.
    9) The QuickTime Uninstall window appears. Select the Uninstall Everything.
    10) The Uninstall Successful window appears. Select OK.
    11) Close all windows, restart the computer.

Remove leftover components
    12) Open My Computer. Open your hard drive. Open Program Files.
    13) Delete iPod, iTunes and QuickTime folders if present.
    14) Move back to the hard drive root. Open Documents and Settings. Open All Users.
    15) Select Folder Options from the Tools menu. Select the View tab. Select "Show hidden files and folders". Click OK.
    16) Open the Application folder. Delete the QuickTime folder if present.
    17) Open the Apple Computer folder. Delete the iTunes folder.
    18) Go back to Documents and Settings. Open the folder with your username.
    19) Open the Application Data folder. Open the Apple Computer folder. Delete the iTunes folder.
    20) Open the Local Settings folder. Open the Application Data folder. Delete the iTunes folder.
    21) Go back to the Local Settings Folder. Open the Temp folder. Delete QTInstallerHelper.dll.
    22) Empty the Recycle Bin.
    23) Select Folder Options from the Tools menu. Select the View Tab. Select "Do not show hidden files or folders". Click OK.
    24) Restart the computer.

STILL NO USE!!
    I am just preparing to throw pc out of the window!
    Thanks

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds