Dual Boot Your Pre-Installed Windows 7 Computer with XP - How-To Geek

Discussion in 'Software' started by bbillcampbell, Jan 13, 2011.

1. bbillcampbell

bbillcampbell Private E-2

I successfully partitioned and installed XP sp2 on a preinstalled Windows 7 HP Pavillion. However, XP doesn't have the proper SATA/RAID drivers to circumvent the ACHI/IDE toggle in BIOS. It works if you want to restart and flip the BIOS every time. I slipstreamed some drivers into an XP ISO, but they didn't work. WTH, can't find a thing Googling. Anyway, in the meantime I managed to corrupt the loader for Windows 7, hence the recovery disk in the mail from HP. I'll try to revive it with UBCD, etc. Is there a driver? Maybe it's over my head. - Bill

2. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

I dual boot with an Asus laptop Win 7 64 bit and XP 32bit, Win 7 was pre installed, xp loaded last.

I had a little trouble locating my sata drivers I believe I found them at Intels web site, my laptop is an I5

You can fix the loader with Easy BCD

When slip streaming you must use the correct sata drivers including 32 bit or 64 bit (I used Nlite )

3. bbillcampbell

bbillcampbell Private E-2

Yup, nlite is what I used. I've got an AMD(PC). Intel is a lot easier to negotiate.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds