Outllook Express 6: No messages can be found in this folder or another application

Discussion in 'Software' started by sjunkie, Apr 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjunkie

sjunkie Private E-2

I have a client that recently upgraded his ME machine to XP Home. During the XP upgrade, Windows deleted all of his favorites and his identities.

I was able to restore all of his favorites and identities, but OLE will not allow me to import the files from the old identity stores.

I get the following error: Import Messages – No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open.

I checked to make sure the files weren’t read only (they aren't), and renamed the folders.dbx file (no help). There are also no .mbx or .ibx files in the store. Only .dbx so I'm pretty sure he was using OE6 before.

I also tried copying the old files (just the files--not the entire identity) into the new identity location for OE. No dice. Still doesn't see the files.
    This user unfortunately had the entire family's email in these stores—about 15 of them.

Have to give the user back his PC by 5:00 today so this request is fairly urgent. Sorry for the short notice and thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

Sheree

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

3. sjunkie

sjunkie Private E-2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds