unload.msi ?!?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Grimmer, Mar 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimmer

Grimmer Corporal

I deleted some malware form a friends pc using the standard removal procedures listed in the sticky thread here,and after rebooting the pc I get a windows installer prompting to install something from hp. But when I select ok to let it go ahead and install it says that the file it's looking for is on a network resource that is unavailible. I'm guessing that the file that was deleted was infected with malware so adaware just deleted it. I did a google search to look for the required file and try to get some more info on what it is that was deleted but I couldn't figure out what program it belongs to. All I know is that it's something from hp. Also in the screensshot I posted you will see the pompts I get whenever the pc is booted up. I just need to know what I deleted and how to reinstall it so it's working again.
    Thx,
    Grimmer

Pc specs:

Operating System :Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
    OS Service Pack :Service Pack 2
    Motherboard:
    CPU Type AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor
    Motherboard Name Unknown
    Motherboard Chipset Unknown
    System Memory 960 MB
    BIOS Type Award (09/07/06)

Display:
    Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE (256 MB)
    3D Accelerator nVIDIA C51
    Monitor HP vs19 flat panel monitor [NoDB] (CNN6390GPS)

Multimedia:
    Audio Adapter Realtek HD Audio rear output

Partitions:
    C: (NTFS) 181705 MB (168181 MB free)
    D: (FAT32) 9057 MB (558 MB free)
    Total Size 186.3 GB (164.8 GB free)
    Network:
    Network Adapter NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller
    Network Adapter SMC2862W-G EZ Connect g 2.4Ghz 802.11g Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter (192.168.0.10)
    Modem Data Fax SoftModem with SmartCP

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds