display driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by syfter, May 20, 2009.

1. syfter

syfter Private E-2

I really need help to fix this issue( display driver stopped working and has sucessfully recovered) this has not recovered and is driving me crazy. I've tried to fix it, but it continues to happen.If i use any resolution above 800by 600 my games crash and i have to reboot.Does anybody have a solution ? I have an HP USING VISTA

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Uhhhh.... we really need more besides "HP using Vista". I'm pretty sure that HP has over 1000 different PCs with Vista on 'em. Please post the exact model number. If it's a desktop/tower PC, this number should be on the front of the case. If it's a laptop, the model number will be on the small white sticker on the bottom of the laptop; the sticker will show the laptop series (like dv8000 for example) and the serial number and the exact model number (like dv8040ca for example).

:wave Welcome to Major Geeks! :major

(please read this thread and try to include as much of the info as possible - thanks)

3. syfter

syfter Private E-2

sorry about that,i have a HP moon 8000m media center pc. serial # is MXF7110QTX. My video card is nvidia gforce 8600gts oc pci express.everything worked fine for about a year and a half,bfg tech replaced my card and same message came up . So i don't think it's a card issue. Thanks

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Before this happened did you re-install Windows? just checking as at times some drivers are missing as in the Chipset ones that are needed to allow other devices to work properly.

So check Device Manager for any Yellow ! Marks and if so what?

Also maybe a driver issue and best to remove the Nvidia driver, run ccleaner to cleanup and temps and registry issues then install this application Driver Sweeper and once installed boot into Safe Mode and run this app to remove all nvidia driver files, then boot into normal mode and re-install the latest Nvidia driver from here (dont worry about the date listed as the download is current one in 185.85)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds