Newbie O/C er

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by the don miester, Oct 14, 2006.

1. the don miester

the don miester Private E-2

HI all

Ok I am new to O/Cing so I am hoping someone can help me

I have read the O/C guide and other stuff and I have so far managed to O/C my P4 630 3.00Ghz 800FSb with a X15 multiplier
    To
    3.375Ghz 900 FSb obviously still with a x15 multiplier as it is locked.

My Ram was DDR2 6400 800 MHz but I have clocked this run at 900 MHz (450x2)
    this gives me a FSB:Dram ratio of 1:1

All is stable including games

I am quite pleased with my efforts so far but I would like to go further but I have read a lot about temps and I am worried that I may overheat.

Can anyone tell me how I can monitor the temps of my system - I have already downloaded & tried Speed Fan but I am not sure which reported temps are for which component ?

2. Tubnotub1

Tubnotub1 Private First Class

Your best bet is going to be one of two things. First of, you can download and install a congifuration from speedfan if there is one for your motherboard that will already have everything labeled for you. Open Speedfan, go to the info tab, go to get config, and follow the directions. If you dont want to do that just get afew stress test programs like atitool and prime95. Start running prime95, the temp that jumps the highest is most likely your CPU. Run atitool, look for the temp that jumps the highest, this is most likely your GPU. The temp that jumps but is neither of the above is most likely your NB. Good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds