Wireless Router Firmware Issue

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Penny's-O-Plenty, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Penny's-O-Plenty

Penny's-O-Plenty Private E-2

I just went out and bought a TRENDnet Wireless Router (Model: TEW-432BPR) and tried getting it up and running but I’m running into problems partway though. After I've gotten past all of the connection of wires (which I've checked time and time again, even individually checking each wire by connecting them individually from my ISP box to the computer and pulling up a site) it begins to check Firmware and immediately comes up with a message first telling me that this wizard is only for a TRENDnet router (which it is), then tells me to check and make sure the Ethernet cord is connected in the right port in the back and into my computer correctly (which it was), and then tells me I should update the Firmware for the router, which I have sitting on my desktop, but cannot seem to find a way to get it onto the router. I've tried logging onto the router using it's IP address when it is all hooked up (thought it makes little sense to me how I can without a connection to begin with). Should I head on over to Future Shop and have a little rant, or am I just missing something?

Also, sorry for the solid wall of text, just feelin' lazy tonight.

2. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

Normally ypu have to install the software BEFORE you connect the router.
    Try uninstall and starting again this way

Studio T

3. studiot

studiot MajorGeek

2nd silly question, but i've seen it done. How many NICs have you i.e.have one on the mobo and asecond on a card? If so are you and the router both using the same one?

Also when you try to acces the router in IE you don't type www, because the 192.168.x.y are not in the range of world wide web addresses , they are private.

When you beat that router into submission don't forget to change the default user and password for security.

Studio T

4. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

I don't know if my girlfriend has that same router or not - we bought them at CompUSA for 20 bucks (they were a steal) and I had a few issues setting it up also. I just went to 192.168.1.1 and logged in Admin / Admin (check the install instructions) and set it up from there. The big issues I summized was after making changes to the router and appling them the router reboots & I was not waiting long enough for it to come back up.

After everything is plugged in are you getting an ip in the 192.168.1.x network?
    Try an ipconfig /release & renew - to see if you get an ip.

Good Luck

Sidenote: I just looked up the routers and we got the 108Mbps, you have the 54Mpbs model (on sale for $9.00)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds