ddr versus ddr2

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by OPTIMIZER, Mar 24, 2005.

1. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Private E-2

Hi guys/gals,

now that I've found a quiet system :) I wanted to begin to experiment with my memory. I got two different pairs of ddr. one is ddr and the other one is ddr2.

don't ask me how but it is recognized as dual channel by my bios. as this isn't perfect for stable overclocking (now I know why I don't get higher as 3845mhz) I am looking for good memory.

I need to know which memory is best: ddr or ddr2?

and the lowest latency is best. I was looking for 250$/€.

Can you point me to some good memory available in Europe?

what is bh5 and tccd?

thanx

2. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

bh5 sticks I think are sticks that run better at a cas of 2 or 2.5 then at 3 like thay run as stable at 2 as a normal stick whould at 3 and the other way around run crappy and unstable at 3 and tccd prolly is somthing like that to but I could be WAY off im trying too look up the same thing now... and iv read on www.overclockers.com that "[font=Arial, Sans-Serif]DDR2 is no big deal when it comes to performance."
    http://www.overclockers.com/tips00701/......[/font]

3. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

4. OPTIMIZER

OPTIMIZER Private E-2

Hi Ace, I've found some mushkins 2*512mb pc3200 (2-2-2 @ Bh5). purchased it immediately.

thanx Pal, I owe you one.

5. BigBird

BigBird Private First Class

DDR has much lower latency than DDR2, even though it is generally not able to reach the speeds of DDR2!

6. ASUS

ASUS MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds