Hyper Threading

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Tidus316, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Tidus316

Tidus316 Private E-2

I recently started showing interest in my p4 3.0 ghz oced at 3.3 ghz hyper threading abilities. i was wondering is hyper threading safe? does it cut the life down on the cpu or anything of that nature?

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

using hyper threading is fine. Overclocking your CPU,however, will cut down its' life.

3. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

I think the "cuts down on its life" aspect of OC'ing is balony or useless. Alot of people wont keep their pc setup (who 'oc) beyond 2 years, even then, you never reach life expectancy of a processor.

4. Wyatt_Earp

Wyatt_Earp MajorGeek

"Alot of people wont keep their pc setup (who 'oc) beyond 2 years"

LOL, what?!?!?!

When you buy a new processor do you just throw the old one in the trash? Of course not. You give it to your wife, or your sister, or you sell it. You don't just throw it away. Well, at least I don't. Not sure about you, but I have 3 generations worth of processors in use right now.

5. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

You think wrong. You should be thinking Electron Transference and what heat does to micro-electronics or electronics in general. It doesn't matter if the EOL is reached on a CPU or not. The FACT remains that it does reduce the life of the component.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds