Open Major Geek's Site

Discussion in 'Majorgeeks Welcome Center' started by Woodster32, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Woodster32

Woodster32 Private E-2

I have never been able to open any title since I first became a member. I use to be able to surf the site all the time. Then all of a sudden it was closed. I became a member and I still can't open anything. What do I do to just start? I am definitely not a newbie to computers, however. :-o

2. LauraR

LauraR MajorGeeks Super-Duper Administrator Staff Member

Hi :)

Do you mean you can't open a thread? What happens when you click on a title of a thread? There isn't anything that we have done differently and you should be able to open any thread to read and post in. Have you installed anything lately?

3. dr.moriarty

dr.moriarty Malware Super Sleuth Staff Member

Hi, Laura!

-unless that thread has been locked or the OP tries to post in a Malware Forum thread that he/she didn't create. ;)

4. LauraR

As far as the posting, yes...correct. ;) As far as opening, which seems to be the problem, you should be able to open any thread you can see.

5. Woodster32

Woodster32 Private E-2

Yes, I suppose that is what I mean. I didn't know what a thread was. The list to the left when I open the site..........Anything I click on, does nothing. Since I first had problems, I'm sure I have done a lot of things as it has been a year at least. I have belonged to World Start for years tho' and I may not go in there for a couple of years but can still get around okay.

6. LauraR

Hi :)

You are posting in a thread right now.

This thread is part of our 'Welcome Center' forum. So if you click on this (which is the main link to our support forums): http://forums.majorgeeks.com/ , you will see individual forums such as this one, Software, Hardware, Malware Removal, etc. Since you started this thread, it seems you are able to navigate the links here.

If you click on this link, you will see the main downloads site for Major Geeks: MajorGeeks.Com

Which area are you having a problem with since I"m not understanding what you mean by the list on the left.

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi and Welcome

I too am not getting what you are trying to explain but that's not anyone's fault just a translation thing/issue.

In not being able to open anything then when logging in remember to tick the "remember me" box under the user/password boxes as that allows more access to some attachments and downloads on the forum.

If you are trying to post a reply to a malware question that is already open and not your own then you cannot, this also goes for threads/questions that are closed/locked, so best option is to start a new thread and that can be done by following this HERE (basically at the top left hand side of each forum section is a [New Therad] button, if you want to start a new question on your issue then click that and type the question then click the [Post] button at the bottom.

FYI.

Threads are the start of a topic and someone's question, if you have a fix then great but if you are going to ask a question on similar then start a new thread for your question as not all are the same and if you jump into someone else's then it can become confusing.

Posts are replies in Threads.

Hope this answers a few queries you have if you have any more on posting threads etc ask away

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds