P2P Question

Discussion in 'Software' started by mdowns, Dec 24, 2003.

1. mdowns

mdowns Private First Class

Recently I've been having a problem when downloading music files from P2P networks. I use Kazaa Lite, which I know has been shut down recently (maybe that has something to do with this?). When I download a song, I can play about 30 seconds of it and then it either stops playing or starts emitting this horrendous electronic noise. I'm playing the files on Windows Media Player.

This has only been happening recently...as in the last couple of months. I would love to know why this is happening in that it is seriously hindering my abilities to download old 80's tunes by Bryan Adams and Cinderella so that I can work on my karaoke singing! :)

Thanks in advance.

2. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Does it do it with all your mp3's or just the new ones you get? Try a different media player like Foobar2000 or WinAMP.

You could also try a different P2P service like eMule, or try reinstalling/updating your Kazaa client. Or you could get Napster or iTunes and pay .99 per son and actually own the stuff. :)

3. mdowns

mdowns Private First Class

It only does it with the new mp3s I've downloaded recently. But only some...sometimes they are downloaded with no problems. Strange.

Thanks for the suggestions...and the guilt trip ;) Just kidding :D Happy Holidays!

4. da chicken

da chicken MajorGeek

Hey I'm guilty,too. :D (to RIAA: no, I'm not.)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds