Tell me what you think of this manual so far...

Discussion in 'Software' started by NeoNemesis, Oct 11, 2004.

1. NeoNemesis

NeoNemesis Moutharrhea

I'm working on a basic Batch File programming manual in my spare time, i'm about half way done and I want to know if its any good so far. remember, this is jsut the basics.

Attached Files:

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

I think you should explain exactly what a batch file is to start with.

It is not a "program", but a list of commands to process, i.e. it is not a program in itself, but a set of instructions to run other programs.

I think people should know what the reasonable boundries of Batch files are, and when you are entering the realms of Windows Scripting (using .vbs files). As far as I'm concerned, if you are chaning windows settings then there is no reason why you should be using a batch file where a .vbs file with some WMI code in it would do the job just as efficiently.

3. animatorStrike

animatorStrike <a href="http://www.acrodata.com/fun/waaa.jpg">Rid

I think we know to expect mistakes the first time we write a tutorial and that's why criticism is key to success. ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds